Create communities with a dynamic team at a civil engineering firm that that has been in the business of engineering the future since 1936. EHRA seeks candidates that will learn, grow and assist in any development challenge that comes our way. From multi-acre, multi-use tracts to single-family startups and estate lots, EHRA is looking for Team Members that can bring creativity and quality to our Land Services Practice area.
Desired candidate will work alongside a project manager committed to EHRA’s role of creating communities; and assisting the Project Manager in the development of construction drawings, specifications and construction contract documents for single-family residential development projects within Municipal Utility Districts that include paving, grading, drainage, water distribution lines, wastewater collection lines, and other related items. Desired candidate has quality working knowledge of MUDs. Candidate must be able to follow directives provided by the Project Manager; set priorities; assist in the preparation of project schedules; and be willing to work on multiple projects in a team-based environment focused on the timely delivery of quality projects. The position requires strong communication with team members, clients and governmental agencies.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Able to attend and run meetings successfully with MUDs, clients and team members, with minimal assistance from a Project Manager
• Independently performs engineering assignments with minimal assistance from the Project Manager.
• Responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies.
• Responsible for the engineering design of water, sanitary and storm sewer, paving and drainage facilities.
• Coordinate with other disciplines and outside consultants as required.
• Good understanding of Construction Administration and the Construction Phase process.
• Commendable understanding of how MUDs operate, TCEQ rules and Bond Issues.
• Participate in the Construction Administration process by responding to RFI’s, reviewing Contractor Submittals, and attending meetings in the field.
• Commendable understanding of governmental public and private development codes and ordinances.
• Responsible for conceptualizing the initial design approach for a project, or overall responsibility for the engineering work on a project of limited scope.
• Assists and or creates plans, schedules; conducts or coordinates engineering work involving conventional engineering practices.
• Develop and teach team members in their area of practice on a daily basis.
Candidate must be licensed as a Texas P.E., BSCE, with 5-8 years experience, strong computer skills and strong written/verbal communication skills, land development project design and MUD related experience.
• Competitive Salary
• 401k with Employer match up to 5%
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• 4.5 Day Work Week (off at noon every Friday)
• Professional Development & Training Provided
• Family Atmosphere – Regular Social Events