Demonstrates baseline working knowledge of routine work applications; follows standard principles and systems and uses appropriate terminology associated with a particular field of specialization; participates as a team member in a collaborative environment within a diverse workforce; actively contributes to completion of team goals and assigned tasks; clearly communicates information, ideas, or instructions verbally and in writing; follows recommended approach to assigned work to facilitate achievement of desired results; ensures safe practices and environmental awareness are exhibited in decisions; typically works under direct and frequent supervision while performing routine duties using established procedures with detailed instructions.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Apply standard practices and techniques in solving problems.
• Contribute to investigations and development of new concepts to solve unique problems in various areas of practice.
• Contribute data/findings for use in technical reports, designs, documents, or oral/written presentations.
• Interact in a collaborative manner with other team members, staff, and clients to accomplish organizational goals; may provide ideas to improve efficiency at group level; network primarily with own technical peer group.
• Assist with engineering design functions under the direction of a Registered Professional Engineer.
• Apply standard practices and techniques in engineering.
• Participate on a design team in the preparation of design documents and cost estimates in varying stages for minor to standard engineering designs.
• Assist in the oversight of the installation of such projects.
• Assists in maintaining design and construction schedules and budgets.
• Provide support throughout the project and provide status updates throughout project life.
• Provide assistance to company personnel requiring engineering advice or direction.
• Assist with analysis and evaluation of products for company use.
• Provide input into the development and documentation of specific company design standards for use by all professionals working on company design projects.
• Serve on committees as needed.
Education, certification and experience:
Successful candidates will have a BS in Civil Engineering with 0 – 2 years or more of experience in Land Development, Public Works Projects and Traffic & Transportation Projects. You will provide assistance to Project Managers in assignments for water, wastewater, paving and drainage and highway projects. In addition, you will provide assistance in design, project budgets and schedules, final plans and specifications. Candidate must be PC literate, including AutoCAD and Microstation.
Incumbents will work under the supervision of a Professional Engineer(s) and receive on-the-job, structured training for approximately four years which is a prerequisite for licensure as a Professional Engineer. After certification as to completion of training, candidates will be eligible to become a Professional Engineer as determined by the Texas Board of Professional Engineers.