Create communities with a dynamic team at a civil engineering firm that that has been in the business of engineering the future since 1936. EHRA seeks candidates that will learn, grow and assist in solving any development challenge that comes our way. From multi-acre, multi-use tracts to single-family startups and estate lots, EHRA is looking for Team Members that can bring creativity and quality to our Land Services Practice area.
Desired candidate will work alongside a Senior Project Engineer and Project Manager, learning how to design communities and assist in the development of construction drawings, specifications and construction contract documents for single-family residential development projects within Municipal Utility Districts (MUDs) that include paving, grading, drainage, water distribution lines, wastewater collection lines, and other related items. Desired candidate will develop knowledge of MUDs, communication skills, and leadership skills. Candidate must be able to follow directives provided by the Project Manager, set priorities, assist in the preparation of project schedules and be willing to work on multiple projects in a team-based environment focused on the timely delivery of quality projects. The position requires strong communication with team members, clients and governmental agencies.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Team participation in a collaborative environment within a diverse workforce; actively contributes to completion of team goals and assigned tasks; clearly communicates information, ideas, or instructions, both verbally and in writing; exhibits decisions that are based on safe practices and environmental awareness.
Contributes to the investigation and development of new concepts to solve unique challenges that come with each project.
Coordinates with permitting organizations such as the City, State and County officials to develop knowledge of the permitting process and the application of codes as applied to each engineering project.
• Interact and collaborate with other team members and clients to accomplish organizational goals; improve efficiency at the group level; and network with own technical peer group.
Supports mid- and senior-level engineers to complete planning; research preliminary design; and may be required to perform detailed design.
Participates on a design team in the preparation of construction drawings and cost estimates in varying stages of the project.
Assists in maintaining design and construction schedules and budgets.
Education, certification and experience:
BS in Civil Engineering, with 0 – 2 years or more of experience in Land Development. You will provide assistance in assignments for water, wastewater, paving and drainage and Roadway projects. In addition, you will provide assistance in design, preparation of project budgets and schedules, final plans and specifications. Candidate must be PC literate, preferably having experience in AutoCAD.
• Competitive Salary
• 401k with Employer match up to 5%
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• 4.5 Day Work Week (off at noon every Friday)
• Professional Development & Training Provided
• Family Atmosphere – Regular Social Events