Create communities with a dynamic team at a civil engineering firm that that has been in the business of engineering the future since 1936. EHRA seeks candidates that will learn, grow and assist in any development challenge that comes our way. From multi-acre, multi-use tracts to single-family startups and estate lots, EHRA is looking for Team Members that can bring creativity and quality to our Land Services Practice area.
Desired candidate will lead a team and engage through a significant role in EHRA’s commitment to create quality communities. Candidate will oversee the development of construction drawings, specifications and construction contract documents for single-family and multi-family residential and commercial development projects most likely within Municipal Utility Districts that include paving, grading, drainage, water distribution lines, wastewater collection lines, and other related items. Candidate will set priorities, prepare project schedules and work on multiple projects in a team-based environment focused on timely delivery and quality. Position requires strong leadership and communication skills with team members, clients and governmental agencies.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Point of contact for clients, serving as District Engineer for multiple MUDs or Districts
• Responsible for assigned projects, including meeting delivery schedules and budgets. Must be able to lead a team of drafters, designers, EITs and Engineers.
• Ability to lead meetings successfully with clients, MUDs, governmental agencies and team members independently, without assistance.
• Responsible for multiple projects including the engineering design of water, sanitary and storm sewer, paving and drainage facilities.
• Direct supervision of a Project Engineer and EIT.
• Shows a high-level of understanding of Construction Administration and the Construction Phase process.
• Shows a high-level of understanding of governmental public and private development codes and ordinances for multiple jurisdictions.
• Has a high-level understanding of how MUDs operate, TCEQ rules and Bond Issues.
• Provides guidance and is responsible for the design approach for large projects.
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates engineering work involving conventional engineering practices.
• Develops and teaches team members in their area of practice on a daily basis.
EHRA is seeking a Project Manager in the Land Development Department with the following minimum qualifications: Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering. Registered Texas P.E. with 7 10 years of land development experience. High-level knowledge of Municipal Utility Districts and TCEQ is preferred. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidate has ability and experience to build quality long-term relationships with clients and governmental agencies.