Senior Party Chief
EHRA Engineering is seeking a candidate with 10 years or more experience in responsible boundary, topographic and construction surveys. Applicant must have a strong background in boundary surveying and analysis. Candidate must be self starter and capable of directing two to three man survey crews in all schematics of field survey application. Applicant should be able to train all survey field employees’ proper techniques and procedures as they apply to daily field operations in order to better themselves in the surveying profession.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties represent the principal job duties; however, they are not all inclusive.
• Supervises a field survey party engaged in establishing property lines and line and grade for new streets and other public improvements
• Makes topographic surveys and supervises a field survey party in staking out streets and grades.
• Performs and checks calculations and keeps field notes and records; computes quantities.
• Reviews plans and specifications related to surveying.
• Ensures that the survey party observes departmental safety rules and regulations.
• Makes detailed sketches to aid drafting personnel in preparation of plans and drawings.
• Conducts land surveys to determine right of way lines, boundary lines, location of easements and encroachments.
• Keeps abreast of current codes and regulations affecting City projects.
• Attends division and department meetings as required.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Must be able to comprehend basic civil engineering design plans.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Field survey methods, materials, instruments, equipment and procedures.
• Construction methods, materials and equipment.
• Principles of algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
• Basic construction safety practices.
• Keep and maintain accurate field survey records, make sketches and compile reports.
• Make fair and impartial decisions.
• Perform complex computations and measurements involving formulas and using advanced applications of algebra, trigonometry and geometry; interpret graphs.
• Compile, analyze and apply engineering data.
• Operate office and other equipment including a computer, radios, camera, measuring devices and surveying equipment, etc.
• Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with City employees, other City departments, public officials, contractors, outside agencies and the public.
• Read and understand technical reports, maps, drawings, specifications, plans, codes, etc.
• Learn and utilize new skills and information to improve job performance and efficiency.
• City codes and ordinances, rules and regulations affecting field survey operations.
• General City operations.
Education, certification and experience:
• Must possess and maintain an appropriate, valid Texas driver's license.
• Any combination of education and experience that would have provided the required knowledge and skills is qualifying.
• Equivalent to graduation from high school preferably supplemented by vocational/college coursework related to this field and three years of experience utilizing survey instruments.