The Senior Survey Project Manager manages survey tasks and resources through project completion.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, organize, execute and coordinates surveying services on assigned projects.
• Utilizes creativity, foresight, and judgment in anticipation and solving technical problems.
• Prepares scope and budgets for assigned projects.
• Markets the firm’s services and attends practice related functions.
• Assures all work performed is done to professional standards and guidelines.
• Maintains working knowledge of survey procedures, quality control and legal principles.
• Maintains excellent working relationships with clients and associates.
• Assures all work produced meets or exceeds industry standards.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Education, certification and experience:
• Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS)
• Twelve years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Solid working knowledge of current survey equipment and software technologies, including but not limited to Carlson and AutoCAD.
• Strong familiarity with project management methods and strategies.
• Experience with practical survey and pipeline construction methods, including survey control, boundary recovery, topographic and hazard survey, construction staking, field design and as-built methodologies.
• Practical knowledge of State Land Survey Requirements and Client standards.