EHRA Engineering is seeking a structural/bridge engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience to join our Public Infrastructure group. As part of the Public Infrastructure team this position will provide assistance to the Project Manager in assignments for the design of Bridge and other Structures for TxDOT, Counties, Cities and Private Clients as well as to assist with roadway and Water & Waste Water Treatment facilities projects throughout Houston Metro Service Area.
The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and communication skills to include leadership and organizational skills necessary to lead and manage junior staff. Must also be familiar with structural programs for bridge design and rating and have completed courses in concrete & steel design.
• Structural analysis and design, load rating of roadway bridges, design of Water and Waste Water treatment facilities.
• Prepare contract documents which include plans, specifications and engineering estimates.
• Responsible for assuring quality, cost effectiveness and timeliness of assigned projects; identify problems and related technical issues leading to long-term, generic solutions; identify technical approach for solving problems and meeting customer/client needs.
• Interact in a collaborative manner with other team members, staff, and clients to accomplish organizational goals; may provide ideas to improve efficiency at group level; network within and beyond own technical peer group.
• 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in bridge engineering.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• PE license is preferred.
• Must have the ability to manage projects from preliminary planning through completion.
• Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
• Proficiency in structural analysis software such as MIDAS, SAP, STAAD, or similar.